Better late than never I always say! I'm going to formally make my release posts this week to inform everybody how things have been going.
I've done a major re-write to my code between the 0.1 and 0.2.
Changes in this release include:
- Handling of videos and sources
- Use of function prototypes
- Use of XMLHttpRequest to get XML data about the video sources and lengths.
- The ability to add additional sources to the sequence (needs more testing/tweaking)
This approach allows me to only have 2 video tags on the page for n number of videos, rather than n number of tags for n number of videos. I now have one tag for the currently playing segment, and one for the next segment. Once the current segment reaches the end of playback, I remove it from the DOM and display the hidden tag, which starts to play. Then a new video tag is created, hidden, for the next source in the sequence.
After learning about the value of function prototypes, and that I might have more than one sequencer present on one page, I realized that they would be of value for me. I can set it up so that all the Sequencers can use the methods I put on the prototype.
Here's the release source code: GitHub Repo (0.2)
Here's VideoSequencer 0.2 in action. (HTML5 capable browser required)
Here's what you can expect in 0.3:
- Event Handling
- A non-standard user interface
- The ability to seek
- Pause/Play methods (via the sequencer)