We've just released Popcorn.js 1.3!
It's been over 4 months since 1.2 and we've resolved many tickets over that time period. One of the reasons it's taken so long is that much of the team and community has been focused on our development of Butter & Popcorn Maker. This release brings a ton of bug fixes and several new features. There have also been some structural modification of the repo that I will go over.
Lets get down to the stats:
Total tickets: 143
Resolved tickets: 18
Staged Tickets: 125
Not too bad I would say, that's a solid size for a release that was on the back burner for several months.
Some of the newest features in this release include:
- #478 - New HTML5 Soundcloud player:New HTML5 Soundcloud player
- #915 - MediaSpawner Plugin
- #981 - Stamen Tile support in Google Maps plugin
- #990 - One time track events using a "once" attribute
- #1011 & #1089 - New Text plugin is a hybrid of footnote and subtitle
- #1015 -Plugin time ranges
- #1037 - Standard element query function Popcorn.dom.find()
- #1045 - A new test runner for all the projects' unit tests
- #1064 - "attrchange" Event for popcorn instances
- #1084 - A new cue API that allows modifications after a cue has been set
We've also gone and done something we needed to do for a long, long time. A bunch of plugins have been moved from the plugins directory into an "unsupported" directory. We will not prioritize the development of these plugins any longer, and they will be just provided "as-is". This move has been made to help us put more focus on the core plugins that we want to be available to Popcorn Maker. Plugins that have been moved are:
Some important links: